Dear RCLS Families,
I hope everyone has been enjoying the beautiful snow this week--rare for NC to get that much snow in a snowfall. I have enjoyed seeing some of your snow pics on Facebook.
I'm sure you are all wondering about Saturday's classes. I will drive to campus in the morning to check; but I was told that the facilities manager at St. Timothy's cleared the parking lot today. That fact, coupled with the much warmer daytime temperatures, make it very likely that we WILL have Chinese school on Saturday. I will send another email by 6 PM Friday to let you know after I have been there to verify the condition of the campus.
Here are our announcements:
Special Notice from St. Timothy's School
The downstairs office area between the two wings of the school will be off-limits and closed again this week due to renovations. In order to access the first floor of the middle school wing, you will have to either go upstairs, pass in front of the media center, and use the stairs to go to the first floor. The door nearest the gym will be opened for those needing access as well. The door at Rowan St will also remain locked.
1. This week is Meet the Teacher for those who did not meet last week. It is a time when your child's teacher can go over the expectations for the spring semester.
2. Next week, January 27th there is no school. The annual TACAS New Year Festival will be a Dorton Arena on that day.. There is a flyer attached with more information. RCLS hosts an information booth about our school and has several free children's activities for attendees. We will need about 24 volunteers to work in 3 shifts throughout the day. Please come by the RCLS office this week to volunteer and to pick up volunteer admission and meal tickets. Several culture classes will also perform at this event. We will be selling tickets in the RCLS office this week for those who are attending but not volunteering.
3. On February 10th there is no school. We will have our annual RCLS New Year Celebration. THERE IS A LOCATION CHANGE THIS YEAR: the celebration will be at Sanderson High School, 5500 Dixon Dr, Raleigh, NC 27609. Here is the information from the PTA:
• Potluck Luncheon starts at 11:30 am - each classroom will need to prepare for their own potluck
• HOWEVER, PTA will have plates, bowls, utensils, and napkins available should you wish to use them!
• Performances will start promptly at 1 pm in the auditorium
• This year, raffle prizes will be KIDS ONLY (i.e., raffle tickets will only be given to the kids present because the prizes are for the kids)
Your room parent is responsible for sending out an email to get your RSVP and/or potluck item. Please coordinate food and drinks. Families with more than one child at RCLS may choose which class they will sit with for the potluck. If there are any questions, come by the RCLS office.
RCLS Summer Camp will be July 16th to 20th. Registration is open. See the attached flyer for more information. Tell your friends and neighbors as well.
1/20 school (likely)
1/27 No school--TACAS event
2/10 No school--RCLS potluck luncheon
Those are our announcements this week. I will send out an announcement by tomorrow afternoon after I check the campus.